|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Air date||August 17, 2010|
|Written by||Liz Maccie|
|Directed by||Chris Grismer|
What Are You Made Of?
"Rock Bottom" is the 8th episode in Season 2 of Make It or Break It, airing August 17, 2010 - and the 28th episode overall.
Chloe gives Lauren an ultimatum (which backfires on her) that either she will tell her dad about her relationship with Carter, or Chloe will. Lauren uses this to convince Summert, with lies, that Chloe knew about and encouraged her and Carter's relationship all along, and Summer then tells Steve. Steve then breaks up with Chloe because he thinks he can't trust her. Lauren and Emily are both infuriated about Steve secretly funding Emily's scholarship under the fake 'Kippman Sports Endowment Group'. Ellen Beals fires Marty as National Team coach. Austin Tucker sees that Kaylie has become thinner and tells Kaylie that his sister had eating disorders which led to the end of her gymnastics career. Also, it looks like he's falling for her. Without the schloarship money, the Kmetkos begin to have financial problems once again & Emily gets arrested for stealing Brian's seizure medicine because she couldn't afford it and it was an emergency. Payson perfects her beautiful floor routine, and she and Sasha are laughing, happy and celebrating when she kisses him. He pulls back, and she runs away, afraid of his reaction.
- Chelsea Hobbs as Emily Kmetko
- Ayla Kell as Payson Keeler
- Josie Loren as Kaylie Cruz
- Cassie Scerbo as Lauren Tanner
- Susan Ward as Chloe Kmetko
- Candace Cameron Bure as Summer Van Horne
- Peri Gilpin as Kim Keeler
- Neil Jackson as Sasha Belov
- Zane Holtz as Austin Tucker
- Wyatt Smith as Brian Kmetko
- Anthony Starke as Steve Tanner
- Brett Cullen as Mark Keeler
- Zachary Burr Abel as Carter Anderson
- Julian Starks as Police Officer #1
- Paul Tigue as Pharmacist